If you’re considering attending one of the pharmacy technician schools in Alaska, you’ll be able to work in the state that has the highest average annual salary in the country. The short training period combined with a relatively high salary makes the career of pharmacy technician a worthwhile goal to pursue.
Completion of a pharmacy tech program in Alaska will help prepare you for a role in this growing field.
Alaska Pharmacy Tech Career Outlook
Not only is Alaska the top paying state in the nation for PhT’s, but job growth in the field is also expected to be strong. In the decade spanning 2010 to 2020, Alaska is expected to have almost 700 pharmacy technicians, which is a 24%* increase in employment. In fact, across the healthcare industry, Alaska is expected to have positive economic development, partly due to the ever aging workforce in the state.
Pharmacy Technician Schools in Alaska
There are many community colleges, vocational schools, and pharmacies that offer educational programs to prospective pharmacy technicians in Alaska. One of the most important things to look for when you’re researching a program is whether it is accredited. The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) is the organization that accredits individual pharmacy tech programs, and there are several others than can offer accreditation to the school as a whole. Alaska does not currently have any pharmacy tech programs accredited by the ASHP, so be sure to review any other accreditation the program may have.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- Locations nationwide and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- M.S. in Nursing/Master of Health Administration/Gerontology
- M.S. in Nursing/Master of Health Administration/Sustainability Management
- M.S. in Nursing/Master of Health Administration/Informatics
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MS - Sex Therapy
- DNP - BSN-to-DNP (CCNE-accredited)
- MBA - MSN-to-MBA Business Administration
- And more...
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- BS - Nursing
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- Associate of Science in Health Administration Services
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- B.S. in Health Studies - Health Communication
- B.S. in Health Studies
- B.S. in Health Studies - Health & Cultural Diversity
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Healthcare Management - HSA Mgt.
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Billing Specialist
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Online
- Medical Billing and Coding Online
Pharmacy Technician Certification and Licensing Requirements in Alaska
Certification/Licensing Requirements at a Glance
- Is a Pharmacy Tech License required in Alaska? Yes
- Is registration required? Yes
- Is certification required? No
Certification by a national certification agency is not required by the state of Alaska, but is often preferred by employers. Students may sit for a certification exam provided they have met all of the requirements.
|In order to practice as a pharmacy tech in AK, the following requirements must be met.|
|Age Requirement||Candidate must be at least 18 years old.|
|Language||Must be able to read and write English fluently.|
|Fee||A fee of $50.00 must accompany the application to the State Board of Pharmacy, and there is also a $50 license fee.|
|Continuing Education||10 hours of continuing education must be met during each licensing period.|
|Renewal||Renewal applications must be sent biannually, along with a renewal fee between $25 and $50|
|Background Check||Must not have been convicted of a felony, and must be able to pass criminal background check.|
Requirements differ from state to state. As you begin to explore the career, it’s important to know what the requirements are in the state you plan to work. All information covered here is current as of March, 2013. For more information, be sure to visit your state’s Board of Pharmacy website.
Alaska Pharmacy Technician Resources
Alaska Board of Pharmacy
P.O. Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806
phone: (907) 465-2589
fax: (907) 465-2974
Alaska Pharmacists Association
According to their website, the mission of the Alaska Pharmacists Association is “to give (sic) Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians an opportunity to voice their issues and concerns regarding pharmacy practice in Alaska”.
203 W. 15th Ave. #100
Anchorage, AK 99501
Pharmacy Technician Salary in Alaska
Table 2 compares the average annual salary in Alaska in 2012 with that of the rest of the nation.
- Source Data
- *All Salary and Job Growth Data Provided by Career InfoNet and the BLS, 2012 Data. Wesbsite: http://www.careerinfonet.org/Occ_Intro.asp?id=1&nodeid=1